Friday, October 13, 2017

Photos

I scroll my phone
I don’t usually do this though
But I was bored to my bones
Then I found those old photos

They were taken in May
And now is the season where leaves fall
Four months long isn’t long
But the leaves, I no longer see them falling

I looked at those prepared smiles
Different background, different poses
Reminding me of the thousand miles
and the meaningless dramas

Some of us were broken
Some of us didn’t want to admit
Some of us were doing alright
Some of us tried to do what’s right

Now, you’ve been patched
They've paused lying
She keeps being alright
And I, I am still trying

When I see the photos
I know changes come close
I still wear the same clothes
But time flows; we all know

I looked at those prepared smiles
Different background, different poses
Reminding me of the time we shared for a while
That we promise to keep through the ages



No comments:

Post a Comment